Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Photographs That Changed Me" - #2

Redding Woods, Connecticut, 1968, Paul Caponigro
This is part 2 of a series of posts about a selection of photographs that influenced my perspective of photography, or simply inspired me.

Over the years in several locales I've had the opportunity to see and examine many of Paul Caponigro's prints. Over the years I've studied his work via books and because of his book, Seasons: Photographs and Essays, I was inspired to do work with Polaroid materials .

Sometime in the mid 1980's at Photography West Gallery in Carmel, California, I first viewed Paul Caponigro's photograph, Redding Woods, Connecticut, 1968. From across the room it drew me in to explore the depths and spirit of the composition all enveloped in a quality of light that was exhilarating.

This photograph opened my mind to more closely seeing and appreciating nature's abstractions within my environment.

The spiritual essence contained in Paul Caponigro's work always enlivens me and artistically reassures me.

Links to other posts in this series:
#1

No comments: